Addis Communications, an award-winning, woman-owned, boutique PR agency, is seeking a 2019 spring intern to work between 10-15 hours per week for course credit. The virtual internship will include bi-monthly in-person meetings and the opportunity to attend events at the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), National Capital Chapter — the largest PRSA chapter in the country — and the National Press Club.
“I believe in providing students with practical, real-world experience in the strategies and tactics of public relations,” says Karen Addis, APR, president and CEO of Addis Communications. “As a woman-owned agency, I also want to expose students to the business side of PR, which I think is so critical to understanding the value our profession brings to the C-suite.”
Addis is a frequent guest speaker at local colleges and universities and currently serves on the University of Maryland Department of Communications Alumni Advisory Board.
“While there is no shortage of PR jobs, the job market is highly competitive, and the best jobs go to students who can hit the ground running immediately upon graduation,” says Addis. “That is why I’m committed to providing interns with quality, marketable writing samples and skills to include in their professional portfolio.”
• Write blogs for Addis Communications; post on website via WordPress
• Write weekly news digests
• Edit and proofread client materials
• Develop plan to increase social media followers and engage with influencers
• Create monthly content calendar
• Write social media posts; load into Hootsuite
• Design accompanying visuals using Canva
• Ensure all content is optimized for social media, including appropriate use of hashtags
• Review social media analytics (Facebook, Twitter, website);
• Conduct industry research
• Conduct client research
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in communications; juniors and seniors preferred
• Strong writer and editor
• Detail oriented
• A can-do, enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to: Karen Addis, APR, President & CEO, email@example.com.
Contact: Karen Addis, APR
# # #
About Addis Communications
Addis Communications is a full-service PR agency specializing in national health and science clients and employs a virtual team of seasoned practitioners. The agency was officially launched in the summer of 2018 by PR veteran Karen Addis, APR. For more information, visit addispr.com, @addispr, facebook.com/addispr.